First Press Operator
- West Sacramento, California
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
As a worldwide marketing solutions partner our goal is to help our clients win every day. We use our data-driven, integrated marketing platform, with a strong foundation in print, to help clients reduce complexity, increase efficiency and enhance marketing spend effectiveness. We’ve built a rich history by believing in our people, allowing them to act like owners and take charge of their own success. Whether you’re an operator, sales representative, a graphic artist or a clinician, we’re all driven to perform at our best – for ourselves and our clients. We’re a company with a soul and a belief that we can always create a better way.
Quad is seeking a full-time Offset First Press Operator at our West Sacramento, CA facility. The incumbent is responsible for operating or assisting in operating the web offset presses and will play an essential role in helping Quadreduce the cost of errors, achieve client satisfaction and creating a safe and hazard free workplace. This position is a leadership role and will assist in directing the work the work activities of the press team members to ensure productivity, quality and safety goals are met.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment while guiding team to meet and exceed production standards and maintaining customer quality requirements
- Keep accurate records of all delay time during shift
- Adhere to all current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Know set-up and maintenance procedures for entire press
- Troubleshoot unit and folder problems with minimum delay time
- Troubleshoot reel and stacker problems with minimum delay time
- Attain and maintain proper ink and water balance
- Keep ongoing list of maintenance issues to be addressed during next scheduled maintenance, one list for all crews
- Direct crew to specific duties during scheduled maintenance
- Check and set rollers, change if necessary
- Communicate with Supervisors on any problems developing to help determine the best time to correct and prioritize
- Read entire job ticket; special instructions, ink colors, paper brand, basis weight, etc.
- Perform needed maintenance during any delay time Knowledge of post folder equipment and proper set up
- Plan ahead for 2-color and 4-color make ready, allow ink levels to run down
- Monitor and maintain constant ink densities per customer specifications
- Attend all Operators meetings
- Work with urgency, when press is down, to maintain production requirements
- Continue learning new and improved processes to achieve increased production
- Responsible for promoting, enforcing and sustaining Safety, 6S and Lean programs and look for ways to improve the operation.
- Responsible for the ongoing training and development of other Pressroom personnel
- Assist Supervisors in documenting and improving procedures and processes by offering ideas and suggestions
- Assist Supervisors in providing feedback for employee evaluations
- Facilitate teamwork among team members and between shifts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ Years Press experience
- Able to lift and move 50 pounds or more repeatedly
- Able to stand for 12 hours
- Detailed knowledge of offset printing process
- This position requires the ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift (7:00am to 7:00pm or 7:00pm to 7:00am) including days, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary
- Ability to read, write and perform math operations
- Ability to distinguish colors accurately
- Ability to apply written and verbal instructions for machine set-up.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact and guide team members
- Solid organizational skills
- Must demonstrate reliability through attendance, punctuality and ability to stay in work area
- Must be able to foster team cooperation and support supervisors
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
Ability to work overtime as needed
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace