Photography AssistantApply Job ID 19754 Date posted Jun. 08, 2021 Location West Sacramento, California Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Photo Assistant is responsible for supporting the Photographers, Stylists, Art Directors, Producers and Merchandisers in a production photo studio environment.
- Production Assistant for all photoshoots – support Producer & team in all areas before, during and after photo shoot.
- Responsible for talent release procurement and archival into system.
- Maintain production standards to meet client expectations
- Support video productions with camera & lighting setup and operation
- Manage Photo Booth Hours – assist photographing simple products shots; process/name files and send through PS processing steps with Quad.
- Assist Sr. Producer to resolve camera, computer, and equipment issues
- Support simple product photography needs and serve as back-up for late requests
- Support simple corporate photography needs – serve as back-up for late requests
- Work with Ecommerce team to coordinate shot lists and products needed during Photo Booth Hours
- Work with local Quad team on weekly ad image requests.
- Search manufacturer websites and image databases for existing images.
- Review Client’s and ONEMarket weekly ads for photo needs and quality standards
- Process image files from photo shoots on-site and outside the studio, working with internal team through filing into Client’s system.
- Check quality of images and consistency of Metadata and DAM folder filing locations upon return.
- Responsible for providing all client requested images from MODAM
- Contribute to the Company’s Digital Asset Management development efforts.
- Maintain image expiration dates within system, notify when usage rights expire
- Working with Studio Producer, Photographers and Stylists to insure deadlines are met
- Pick up product and shop for missing product and props that are needed for weekly ad and campaigns campaign photography requests
- Assisting in maintaining a high level of client satisfaction and confidence
- Performing, maintaining and assisting in all reviews and Continuous Improvement initiatives
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- 2+ years of professional industry experience as a Photography Assistant or Production Assistant
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding and working knowledge of still photography techniques, principles, equipment, and lighting techniques for commercial photography
- Experience with digital image retouching, image manipulation and postproduction techniques and software(s) to enhance/improve raw capture and rendered high-resolution image quality
- Experience with evaluation of photography for reproduction in print and electronic media (web images)
- Working knowledge of current photography equipment, tools and software
- Understanding of workflows for still and video productions
- Proficiency with Apple/Macintosh computer platform/software.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software – specifically Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Working knowledge and experience with CaptureOne (raw image capture software), Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Acrobat, In-Design, Illustrator, Final Cut (Mac) and Adobe Premier
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.