Digital Print Indigo OperatorApply Job ID 19161 Date posted Apr. 05, 2021 Location Westampton, New Jersey Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Digital Press Operator – Overnight Shift
Quad, a global leader in the commercial printing and direct marketing industry is seeking a Digital Press Operator to work in our rapidly expanding East Coast Supercenter in Westampton, NJ.
In this position you will assist in the creation of various well known Magazines/Catalogs/Direct Mail pieces and other related products. Quad/Graphics prides itself on having a “grow from within” philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Digital Press Operator will run the HP Indigo 12000 and/or HP T230 digital press and is responsible for the set-up, and operation of the digital press and related equipment. The operator ensures the highest quality product is produced at the lowest possible cost, while meeting or exceeding customer requirements and following company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads and understands job tickets to guarantee correct product is produced to quality standards and specifications
- Identifies and selects correct substrates used for the specific jobs
- Makes decisions regarding quality, color control and color standards
- Works closely with Customer Service, Sales and Customers as a team to ensure quality output
- Provides demonstrations to customers on a routine basis
- Completes quality checks and tests to ensure product meets all physical and visual requirements
- Monitor production throughout the run, making adjustments to reduce waste, and increase productivity
- Responsible for troubleshooting equipment, making minor adjustments, completing basic repairs, as well as preventive maintenance
- Operates material handling equipment to move loads in and out of work area
- Analyzes and corrects drying/curing problems
- Recommends optimal strategies and ideas for efficient use of materials, equipment and scheduling
- Communicate job specific information to internal customers
- Assists in developing the department’s Standard Operational Procedures
- Track and inventory all consumables
- Complete necessary paperwork and records
- Maintain a clean orderly work area
- Follows all Safety Procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of printing experience related to Digital, or Offset Printing
- Experience with AQ (aqueous / water based) and UV coaters
- HP Indigo Operator training Certification is a plus, but not required
- Experience and solid understanding of four color process printing, able to make color adjustments as needed
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers
- Able to clearly communicate concepts and ideas
- Able to understand and act on verbal or written instructions
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form
- Able to work extra hours required to meet time sensitive deadlines when necessary and travel to off-site training when needed
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.