Web Offset Press Operator
- Wheeling, Illinois
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Employees at Quad thrive at the intersection of thinking, making and marketing. As we continue to take the bold steps necessary to transform our offering, our goal is to provide our clients with the most powerful integrated marketing platform. We’re all partners in our company, committed to do the right thing, trusting the process, innovating for the future, growing the business, believing in each other, and having a little fun along the way.
- Make-ready and operate press based upon written instructions provided.
- Establish and maintain color and/or fold and mechanical quality to standards.
- Continuously monitor product for quality and approve or reject.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assigned crew members.
- Perform assigned make-ready duties.
- Complete required general maintenance and lubrication assignments.
- Complete required documentation, electronic and paper, for assigned job.
- Perform duties of other Print Service manufacturing positions as needed, following requisite training.
- Provide training for employees so the crew members can provide coverage for each other and/or prepare them for future positions.
- Follow all safety policies and regulations, report any potential hazards, near-misses, or accidents immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work irregular schedules, including rotating day/night shifts
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail for extended time periods
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work overtime as mandated by production needs
- Ability to work independently as well as with a crew/team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Essential Functions of this job include the following: the ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hand and wrists continuously in a controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts which may include days, nights, weekends and overtime.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.