$2,000 New Hire Bonus-Entry Level Machine Operator $17.50/hr.
- Winchester, Virginia
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
As a worldwide marketing solutions partner our goal is to help our clients win every day. We use our data-driven, integrated marketing platform, with a strong foundation in print, to help clients reduce complexity, increase efficiency and enhance marketing spend effectiveness. We’ve built a rich history by believing in our people, allowing them to act like owners and take charge of their own success. Whether you’re an operator, sales representative, a graphic artist or a physician, we’re all drive to perform at our best – for ourselves and our clients. We’re a company with a soul and a belief that we can always create a better way. Through day-to-day experiences of this program, both worker and the company are able to make a realistic decision about whether there is a mutually beneficial fit. Upon meeting eligibility requirements, temporary assignments may be converted into direct employment here at Quad. Once approved, Temp-to-Hire candidates are asked to submit an application to the job. This application is required to finalized the hiring process and collect additional paperwork.
Below is a summary of the job. Please review it and ensure it matches your understanding of the role, then click the ‘Apply’ button to complete the process.
Quad is currently seeking a Press Assistant II for our Winchester, VA location. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Transfer completed bundles of product off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets, occasionally stack bundles onto boxes or tie strap and then box the bundles.
- Move product with a hand jack
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with other members of the staff.
- Remove skids of product using a hand jack .
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Read and understand skid tags – i.e. bundles per row, rows per skid, type of skid required, and tied or boxed bundles.
- Empty trash into proper waste compactors.
- Change out paper waste containers when full.
- Keep press supplies handy. (i.e. making boxes)
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
- Ability to work irregular schedules, including rotating day/night shifts
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail for extended time periods
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work overtime as mandated by production needs
- Ability to work independently as well as with a crew/team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Essential Functions of this job include the following: the ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hand and wrists continuously in a controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am (rotating shifts), which may include days, nights, weekends and overtime.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace