Entry Level Machine Operator $16/hr.Apply Job ID 19114 Date posted Mar. 26, 2021 Location Winchester, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Below is a summary of the job. Please review it and ensure it matches your understanding of the role, then click the ‘Apply’ button to complete the process.
Quad is currently seeking a Press Assistant II for our Winchester, VA location. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Transfer completed bundles of product off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets, occasionally stack bundles onto boxes or tie strap and then box the bundles.
- Move product with a hand jack
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with other members of the staff.
- Remove skids of product using a hand jack .
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Read and understand skid tags – i.e. bundles per row, rows per skid, type of skid required, and tied or boxed bundles.
- Empty trash into proper waste compactors.
- Change out paper waste containers when full.
- Keep press supplies handy. (i.e. making boxes)
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
- Ability to work irregular schedules, including rotating day/night shifts
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail for extended time periods
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work overtime as mandated by production needs
- Ability to work independently as well as with a crew/team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Essential Functions of this job include the following: the ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hand and wrists continuously in a controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am (rotating shifts), which may include days, nights, weekends and overtime.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.