Material Process LeaderApply Job ID 14047 Date posted Jun. 11, 2019 Location Winchester, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad/Graphics is seeking a Full Time Material Process Lead for our Winchester, VA location to work in the Inventory Control department. The primary responsibilities of a Material Process Leader are to plan and direct the work of others in regards to production, training and safety for their department and/or shift. This includes setting goals, addressing production and employee issues, making decisions and promoting teamwork through utilizing their working knowledge of operations and systems, maintaining professional etiquette and directing others.
Essential Functions of Job:
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The ability to plan and direct the work of team for all tasks needed during their shift; including training.
- The ability to partner with employees on team to make production decisions, resolve issues and raise matters or significance.
- The ability to communicate to internal departments and external customers to ensure production and customer needs are met for shift.
- The ability to promote teamwork and help set, enforce and measure departmental goals for shift.
- The ability to participate in necessary training classes including LEAN and technical raining.
- The ability to assist in the development of educational materials and facilitation of classes to provide on-going training.
- The ability to coordinate labor planning which may include regular and overtime work schedules.
- The ability to actively participate, enforce and follow all Safety regulations, policies and initiatives. Including ensuring daily maintenance inspections are completed effectively and all issues are raised when needed.
- The ability to conduct employee disciplinary actions, evaluations and reviews in support of leader.
- Ability to demonstrate good leadership
- Ability to effectively and professional communicate both verbally and written.
- Proficient knowledge of departmental programs, applications and computer operating systems (Windows, Microsoft Office, Smartools)
- Ability to drive a forklift and operate other Powered Equipment
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers and all other internal/external contacts
- Ability to understand and use basic math skills such as adding and subtracting
- Strong understanding with desktop and mobile PCs
- Ability to work Quad assigned work schedule including rotation shifts, day, night, weekends and overtime as needed
This position also requires the ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously. The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential. Good verbal and written comprehension skills a must. Must be able to communicate in English.
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.