Offset Second Press OperatorApply Job ID 17656 Date posted Nov. 24, 2020 Location Winchester, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Make-ready and operate press based upon written instructions provided.
- Establish and maintain color and/or fold and mechanical quality to BPC standards.
- Continuously monitor product for quality and approve or reject.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assigned crew members.
- Perform assigned make-ready duties.
- Complete required general maintenance and lubrication assignments.
- Complete required documentation, electronic and paper, for assigned job.
- Perform duties of other Print Service manufacturing positions as needed, following requisite training.
- Provide training for employees so the crew members can provide coverage for each other and/or prepare them for future positions.
- Follow all safety policies and regulations, report any potential hazards, near-misses, or accidents immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work irregular schedules, including rotating day/night shifts
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail for extended time periods
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work overtime as mandated by production needs
- Ability to work independently as well as with a crew/team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Essential Functions of this job include the following: the ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hand and wrists continuously in a controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am, which may include days, nights, weekends and overtime.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.