General Counsel- WI, IL, IA, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, SDApply Job ID 17540 Date posted Jul. 29, 2020 Location Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Quad/Graphics, Inc. is seeking an experienced commercial attorney with healthcare background to serve as a key legal partner to QuadMed, managing legal issues across the QuadMed organization, including commercial and client contracts, regulatory issues and litigation. This position reports to the legal department of Quad/Graphics, Inc. and will be a key advisor to, and member of, the QuadMed leadership team, including the President of QuadMed.
• Advise the President of QuadMed, the Company’s Chief Compliance Officer and the organization’s leadership on a wide variety of material issues.
• Identify business and legal risks, with a goal of providing solutions to meet business objectives.
• Review and negotiate client, procurement and other complex commercial agreements.
• Advise the organization on complex federal and state healthcare regulatory matters, including HIPAA, False Claims Act, Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, privacy, security, fraud and abuse, and Medicare and CMS-related issues.
• Advise the organization on wide variety of legal issues related to business and transactional matters, such as physician arrangements, health and wellness services, medical staff matters, credentialing and licensure issues.
• Partner with and provide support to the QuadMed compliance function.
• Provides general legal support for business development initiatives, with potential issues including acquisition agreements and other ancillary documents such as employment agreements and non-competition agreements.
• Continued development and maintenance of corporate structure and governance, including professional service corporations.
• Work closely with other functions, including Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management and Internal Audit.
• Manage any QuadMed related disputes and litigation.
• Develop and apply tools to track the overall effectiveness of the QuadMed legal function and to improve department efficiencies.
• Performs other duties to support the accomplishment of QuadMed‘s strategic goals and objectives.
• Juris Doctor degree is required
Must be a member in good standing of the Bar
• Ideal candidate will have at least 10 years’ experience in a corporate and commercial/healthcare role preferably as an in-house counsel for an organization.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and legal and business judgment, with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong collaborator and partner
• Excellent critical thinking skills, including ability to prioritize issues
• Project management skills and experience
• Ability to work independently
• Requires some travel
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.