Medical Assistant/Receptionist PRN FloatApply Job ID 18535 Date posted Jan. 11, 2021 Location Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
QuadMed is currently seeking a PRN Medical Assistant Float to join our team! This position will provide as needed coverage to our clinics based in Southeastern WI which include four Milwaukee and two West Bend locations.
This is an as needed/PRN position. Ideal availability would be during the week, Monday – Friday 7:00am to 6pm, with most work days being 7:00am to 4:00pm or 8:00am to 5:00pm. No weekends or holidays required.
As a Medical Assistant, this individual will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare worker interested in working in an environment where one-on-one time with patients and positive outcomes are the ultimate measurement of success.
- Measure and record vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, etc)
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR for all patient care, i.e. patient interview and history, vital signs, treatments, test results
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests
- Assists medical staff with exams
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens
- Performs lab tests including preparing specimen, testing, and recording results
- Ensures CLIA/OSHA compliance standards are met
- Performs EKGs
- Prepares and administers medications and immunizations per provider order
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Assist patients in the scheduling of diagnostic tests, outpatient services and hospital admissions. Provide patient with information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration. Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows HIPAA regulations
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Administrative Duties as needed; including front desk reception, patient registration, scheduling and ordering supplies
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required
- Phlebotomy and lab experience required
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience preferred
- Experience working in a medical front office preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team approach to health care delivery
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written) required
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting strongly preferred
- Bilingual a plus
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more!
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.