Medical Laboratory Scientist - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus EligibleApply Job ID 22051 Date posted Jun. 03, 2022 Location Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
QuadMed is seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist to join our teams in Sussex or West Allis, WI Heath Centers supporting Quad/Graphics employees and thier dependents. The clinical laboratory scientist is responsible for performing tests and reporting results to the physician for use in diagnosis, treatment and/or monitoring treatment of diseases
Opportunities availalbe in our West Allis and Sussex, WI clinics. Monday through Friday, first shift schedule, with occasional Saturday mornings.
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus Eligible!
- Performs patient and Quality Control (QC) testing, develops skills and maintains competency in all assigned laboratory areas.
- Patient tests and Quality Control (QC) material tests are performed, and results reported in accordance with Federal and/or State regulations.
- Critical values are reported and documented per medical laboratory procedures.
- Workload is prioritized and managed to meet expected turn-around-times (TAT).
- Competence is maintained, and new skills are added as technologies change.
- Maintains proper inventories and correctly uses supplies and reagents.
- Inventory needs are communicated in a timely manner.
- Reagents are received, stored, and quality is verified properly prior to use following departmental policy and procedure.
- Reagents and supplies are utilized according to manufacturer and/or procedural instructions.
- Disposal of reagents and supplies is in accordance with safety guidelines.
- Performs advanced equipment trouble-shooting and equipment maintenance.
- Routine and complex instrument maintenance is performed and documented on a scheduled basis, consistent with department policy.
- Instrument malfunctions are recognized, and trouble-shooting procedures are initiated in a timely manner and reported to the Laboratory Manager
- Manufacturer’s Technical Service is contacted for resolution as needed to maintain workflow and to schedule repairs.
- Necessary procedures are followed before utilizing equipment after service. Workstations are restocked with supplies to maintain a consistent workflow. Specimen status (pending log, problems, critical values, etc.) is communicated to the appropriate person(s).
- Participates in quality, safety, and compliance programs.
- Quality issues are reported promptly and accurately.
- Suggestions for process improvement, planning, and development are made.
- Compliance guidelines are applied to all testing and reporting activities.
- Performs phlebotomy: capillary punctures, and venipunctures as appropriate for patients of all ages requiring the procedure.
- Follows established safety practices including biohazards, exposure control plan (blood-borne pathogens), infection control to include universal precautions, employee right to know (hazardous chemicals), and chemical hygiene standard.
- Promotes effective working relationships as part of a team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attends all in-service and continuing education as required by health and wellness center, policy, and licensure requirements.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of Personal Health Information and adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the lab supervisor
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree, Bachelor’s preferred in Medical Technology or related science required
- Phlebotomy experience required
- Two years in a clinical laboratory environment preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certification as a medical technologist by the Board of Registry of ASCP or the National Certification Agency (NCA or American Medical Technology and licensure required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Personable, friendly, team orientated
- Organized, accurate and detail oriented
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients and providers
- Bilingual a plus
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.