Medical Receptionist/Phlebotomist - PRN/On-Call FloatApply Job ID 19132 Date posted Mar. 30, 2021 Location Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
QuadMed is currently seeking a PRN/On-Call Medical Receptionist/Phlebotomist Float to join our team! This position will provide as-needed coverage to our clinics based in Southeastern WI which include four Milwaukee and/or two West Bend locations (based on candidate preferance). The Receptionist/Phlebotomist is part of the team dedicated to providing comprehensive, accessible care and superior evidence-based medicine through innovative practices focusing on wellness and prevention.
This is an as-needed/PRN position. Ideal availability would be during the week, Monday – Friday 7:00am to 6pm, with most work days being 7:00am to 4:00pm or 8:00am to 5:00pm; based on candidate availability. No weekends or holidays required.
- Front desk reception
- Greets patients, answers phones, takes concise telephone messages and schedules appointments
- Provides patient with all necessary registration forms, and gives instructions on completion of forms.
- Uses communication skills with proper medical terminology
- Performs computer skills in patient billing, scheduling, insurance claims, and data entry
- Performs lab tests including preparing specimen, testing, and recording results
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR for all patient care, i.e. patient interview and history, vital signs, treatments, test results
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy and lab experience required
- Current CPR certification required
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience preferred
- Experience working in a medical front office strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team approach to health care delivery
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written) required
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.