Circular DesignerApply Job ID 17861 Date posted Sep. 15, 2020 Location Woonsocket, Rhode Island Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad has an exciting opportunity for a Circular Designer to work onsite with one of our clients in Woonsocket, RI. A successful candidate will use their skill in desktop design and layout principles to follow client brand standards and interpret directions to create dynamic circular layouts and execute requested corrections flawlessly. This hybrid Coordinator position also requires excellent organization, time management and communication skills to ensure work is delivered on time and within client expectations. Qualified candidates will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to thrive in a fast-paced team environment and work independently with minimal supervision. Attention to detail and high accountability is a must. Previous file management and customer service experience preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design and propose creative elements for visual purposes in client media collateral
- Assist in project and/or client customer service needs. This includes direct communications with the client
- Provide project coordination support, including project initiation, scheduling and obtaining approvals and follow through on deliverables
- Provide additional creative client support on special projects as needed.
- Review all job instructions, both written and verbal, & ask any questions necessary to successfully complete the project
- Advise on copy legibility and discrepancy issue in ad plans.
- Enter new items in ad pages, including copy and images. Use sources provided to add images to pages as necessary.
- Follow brand style guidelines and client directions to create dynamic layouts
- Read and follow internal markup and customer instructions
- Perform specific corrections as directed by multiple client partners
- Utilize industry standard software and best practices to execute versioning
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Collaborate effectively with internal team members
- Manage time effectively to meet project milestones and deadlines
- Create special effects in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Demonstrate general knowledge of retail environment workflows and procedures
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Associate or Technical degree in Art, Graphic, Design or relatable program
- Minimum of three years’ experience designing and producing for catalogs, direct mail, signage, retail inserts, etc.
- Knowledge of creating and working with templates and style sheets; including page formatting of copy, placing photos and artwork; producing multiple version
- Proficiency in Macintosh-based programs required, along with the latest versions of Adobe In- Design, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft applications (Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of steps required for the print process and an understanding of production methods to ensure designs can be produced for print delivery
- Portfolio samples required
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.