Medical Assistant or LPN - $1,500 Sign-on Bonus Eligible!Apply Job ID 18312 Date posted Nov. 24, 2020 Location Wurtsboro, New York Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is seeking a passionate Medical Assistant or LPN to join our client based Health Center in Wurtsboro, NY. As a Medical Assistant or LPN, this individual will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare worker interested in working in an environment where one-on-one time with patients and positive outcomes are the ultimate measurement of success.
Schedule: Tuesday - Thursday 9:30am to 6:30pm & Friday 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Measures and records vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, etc.)
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation into the EMR; i.e.- patient interviews and histories, vital signs, treatments, test results.
- Assists medical staff with patient examinations
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Provides patients with instructions and other information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Participates in development activities and maintains affiliations with medical assistant associations, as applicable.
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team based approach to health care delivery
- Front office duties including but not limited to reception, patient check-in/check-out, payment collection, and electronic scheduling.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned
- Where permitted, and as directed:
- May perform routine screening tests
- Draws patient blood samples as directed and prepares samples for ordered laboratory analysis, and collection of other ordered lab specimens.
- Prepares and administers ordered injectable medications and immunizations
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and performs other first aid procedures
- Assists patients with the scheduling of internal/external referrals
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program or from an approved nursing program with an associate degree OR equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Medical Assistant or LPN
- Phlebotomy and lab experience
- Experience working front office
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting strongly preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- If LPN, current license in state of residence or compact licensure required
- Medical Assistant certification through AAMA preferred
- Skill certification through NIOSH or CAOHC preferred
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.