MKE Project Impact Trainee Program- Hartford Finishing Technician PTApply Job ID 30139 Date posted Jan. 19, 2024 Location Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Quad prides itself on having a grow from within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company. Our Accelerated Career Training programs for our Press and Finishing employees to help develop motivated individuals into skilled Operators with progressive wage increases.
Quad is committed to hiring hard working individuals looking for a career in manufacturing and providing support to remove barriers to employment. Partnership with Running Rebels provides career readiness workshops along with employment support to ensure the success of our employees prior to starting at Quad. Project Impact Employee entry-level wage for part-time is $17.50 / hour. Transportation is provided. Program runs every six weeks. Next cohort starts in April.
**Interviews, selection and hiring will take place a month prior to the actual start of the cohort.
Quad’s Project Impact Program is currently seeking part-time manufacturing employees to grow with us! An entry-level manufacturing position includes the opportunity to learn the printing process from the ground up and advance in a progressive environment. In this position you will assist in the creation of various well-known magazines/catalogs/newspaper inserts and other related products in our Press department. The below shifts are available: (days are flexible)
Tuesday/Wednesday night shift (7pm-7am)
Tuesday/Wednesday day shift (7am-7pm)
Thursday/Friday night shift (7pm-7am)
Thursday/Friday day shift (7am-7pm)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities may include the following but are not limited to:
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Stack loose signatures off a pallet and transfer to table and then place into a collator hopper.
- Transfer completed bundles of product off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets, then place mail bags onto pallet.
- Move product with a hand jack or motorized Raymond or Big Joe lift.
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with other members of the staff.
- Remove skids of product using a Big Joe and Hand Truck.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to take stacks (average 10-30 lbs.) using repetitive hand/wrist movement, off of the end of a machine (2-4 feet high) and stack product on skids from floor level to 5 feet high using repetitive bending and twisting.
- The ability to remove skids (weighing up to 2400 lbs.) by using a Big Joe and Hand Truck
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards (30 lbs.) as needed.
- Lift rolls of banding strap (60 lb.) as needed.
- Moving logs as needed without lifting them (stand them up or lie them down)
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen.
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table.
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet of up to 48” in height and transfer to tabletop work surface 42”, and then place into a collator hopper.
- Ability to transfer completed bundles of product (10-30 lbs.) off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets or into mail bags that potentially weigh from 5 to 75 lbs. Then place mail bags onto pallet.
- The ability to use a hand jack or motorized Raymond or Big Joe lift.
- The ability to use a computer, scissors, and tape gun.
- At least 18-years of age or older
- A solid work history
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- The ability to read and write; possess good verbal and written comprehension.
- The flexibility to work 12 hour shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.