Die Cutter OperatorApply Job ID 30168 Date posted Feb. 08, 2024 Location Spartanburg, South Carolina
So, are you ready to take the reins of your career and soar to new heights? Join us at Quad and embark on a thrilling journey where the only limit is your imagination!!
Picture this: you, with your print experience, stepping into Quad and immediately being rewarded with a starting wage of up to $23 per hour depending on experience! But that's just the beginning of your adventure with Quad. We're not here to stand still; we're here to help propel you forward, pushing you to exceed your limits and surpass your goals every single day.
Headquartered in Wisconsin, Quad is a $3 billion global marketing experience company, that is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. With over 15,000 employees, our company leverages its strong print foundation through every facet of the marketing journey efficiently and at scale through its innovative, data-driven offerings.
Quad is seeking Full Time Die Cutter Operators at our Spartanburg, SC plant location. The Die Cutter Machine Operator efficiently performs set-up and operates machines that die cut blank and/or pre-printed stock. Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting, staging completed work per instructions, and area maintenance. We are looking for operators to work 8-hour shifts, on either the second or the third shift. The shift options available are:
2 pm – 10 pm ( M-F) - M-F - $1.50 shift premium
10 pm – 6 am (Sun-Thurs) - $1.00 shift premium
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow all Company policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as take actions that support teamwork, safety, contamination control, and efficiency.
- Follow the pre-production, make-ready, and production-run tasks.
- Operate powered equipment.
- Occasionally train workers on the Die Cutting Machine operations, including the feeding and take-off functions.
- Ensure the work area is clean, and that non-conforming, over-runs, and/or waste are delivered to the appropriate repository.
- Cross-train as assigned.
- Follow and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment rules and regulations.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience with Bobst Spanthera Die Cutters a plus, but will consider those with experience on other models as well.
- Be able to perform work-related math functions (which include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide).
- Accurately read and use measuring devices.
- Experience with hand tools.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Good verbal and written comprehension, with the ability to receive and follow instructions.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.