Die Tooling TechnicianApply Job ID 30246 Date posted Feb. 08, 2024 Location Spartanburg, South Carolina
So, are you ready to take the reins of your career and soar to new heights? Join us at Quad and embark on a thrilling journey where the only limit is your imagination!!
Picture this: you, with your print experience, stepping into Quad and immediately being rewarded with a competitive starting wage between $17-$19 per hour (or more depending on your level of experience). But that's just the beginning of your adventure with Quad. We're not here to stand still; we're here to help propel you forward, pushing you to exceed your limits and surpass your goals every single day.
Headquartered in Wisconsin, Quad is a $3 billion global marketing experience company, that is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. With over 15,000 employees, our company leverages its strong print foundation through every facet of the marketing journey efficiently and at scale through its innovative, data-driven offerings.
Quad is hiring for a Die Tooling Technician at our Spartanburg, SC location. The Die Tooling Tech will be responsible for pulling and preparing the die for use on die-cutting equipment through the use of hand tools and small power tools. We are looking for a candidate who is flexible and can work either first or second shift. The shift options are:
6 am – 2 pm (M-F)
2 pm – 10 pm ( M-F) - $1.50 shift premium
- Perform die preparation by job priority and identify the correct material to use for make-ready step. Review Job Order to determine set-up specifications and all production materials to ensure accurate process; gather and/or verify all material per Job Order. Check for sign-offs.
- Pull and/or obtain the correct die for the job. Verify die has been approved. Check for wear or replacement needs. Mark for wear if needed.
- View/compare the die to all other materials to make sure all match and the numbers are all correct.
- Use hand tools and some small power tools to prepare the die, remove the bracket/screws, and load on the cart, set shims. Prepare plate, stripper, and blanker as per recommended procedures to obtain the proper die registration.
- Cross-train and perform other responsibilities as assigned by the lead or management.
- Maintain the area surrounding the Die Cutting machine to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous Die Cutting or Die Making experience, highly desired, but will train the right candidate.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, percentages, and fractions.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Knowledge of hand tools and some small power tools.
- Computer proficient
- Troubleshooting experience preferred
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.